Re: [SLE] video at startup problem
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 11:35:42 -0600
On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 18:09:30 +0100, RH Koning
<mailing-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello, this may be a stupid question, but I am at a loss what to do. I
> have received a pc with suse linux 9.2, which boots well. After booting,
> i expect a login screen. However, I get a message from the monitor:
> Attention cannot display this video mode change computer display input
> to 1280x1024@60hz. No screen, nothing. What do I do now? Thanks for any
> help, Ruud

On the boot screen, enter "3" in the boot parameters. This will bot in
runlevel 3, which is only text mode.

Login there with the root password, and start:
#sax2 -l

This will start the config utility in low resolution mode. Change your
setup to some lower resolution than 1280x1024. Most probably your
monitor can not use so high res.

Sunny