Re: [SLE] Problem to add a network printer.
  • From: Catimimi <catimimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 20:48:58 +0100
Elijah Savage a écrit :

I am sorry to ask you directly. But I have been trying to integrate SuSE
9.2 into my office at work for the last week and it is more frustrating
than anything has ever been in my life. Especially since I love FreeBSD
and feel very comfortable with it. But have you been able to map windows
or samba shares at your wourk place.

Yes, I share samba or windows printers and files either at home or at my office.
You need to activate the samba client then you mount windows shares with
smbmount and you configure printers with YaST. But for linux shares I've better to
use nfs for files and a cups server for printers.

Michel