Re: [SLE] release of Suse 9.3 ?
  • From: Mike <runnin247@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 14:15:49 -0600
On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 19:47:34 +0100, Fred <frederic.conrotte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Le Mardi 1 Mars 2005 20:28, Josephine a écrit :
> > On Tuesday 01 March 2005 18:57, Fred wrote:
> > For the million time: suse professional's cycle is at every 6 months. 9.2
> > was released at the end of October. Calculate now 6 months since then.
>
> I feel really sorry, but I'm a regular reader of this list since 2 month and I
> haven't seen any discussion on this.
> I know it's "every 6 month", but I should have ask "Do you have a link to the
> actual roadmap" ?

Don't apologize. You, like many other new readers on this list, may
not have known that the SuSE release cycle is every 6 months (I
didn't) or how the acquisition of SuSE by Novell will affect the
development/release cycle (I don't). It's nowhere in the FAQ, and the
three un-official FAQs I clicked on from the list in the FAQ returned
404's and the like (i.e. broken link)... Not to mention the link
provided for the archives presents you with a completely unsearchable
format for the previous threads, and a google search on 'suse roadmap'
returns nothing valuable in the first 30+ results... So asking about
a roadmap seems like a pretty on-topic and valuable question,
especially when the list is about SuSE.

Some people just think that this stuff is such common knowledge they
feel that everyone else should know this as well.

>>ps: we should really make an automatically mail to be sent to the list weekly
>>with answers to: "how do i unsubscribe" and "when is the next suse going to
>>be released".

How about we just populate the FAQ with frequently asked questions and
their related answers...