Re: [SLE] Linux and Windows XP :-)
  • From: Chadley Wilson <Chadley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 23:01:05 +0200
On Tuesday 01 March 2005 19:59, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 March 2005 2:40 pm, Chadley Wilson wrote:
> > Sorry Guys you can't to my knowledge boot a Linux partition with Winblows
> > NT bootloader
> > I have been trying for it for some persistent customers since XP came
> > out, and Windows Support know less about XP than me.
>
> Here is a mini-howto on it. You certainly can use the NT bootloader to boot
> Linux, but Grub is much nicer. GRUB is designed to boot multiple OS.
> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Linux+NT-Loader.html
> --
> Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
> Boston Linux and Unix user group
> http://www.blu.org PGP key id:C5061EA9
> PGP Key fingerprint:053C 73EC 3AC1 5C44 3E14 9245 FB00 3ED5 C506 1EA9
I have been through this before, but I never could get it to work with w2k and
redhat 9 or w2k and fc1

I will try it with xp and suse9.1 pro, if I get it to work I will post a very
mini how-to for those who are interested.

But seriously for those who are interested it is a serious waste of time and
you really don't want to that.
Take the advice boot it with lilo or grub.

Cheers for now.

< Previous Next >