Can't login as my normal user
  • From: "Your Name" <jsabatke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:27:47 -0500
I was doing some maintenance on my home network and logged out of my
normal user, then did a reboot. After the reboot, I go up to init 3
(which is normal on this box). After logging in as that user, startx
blanks the screen for a few seconds then pops back to the command line.
There are no warnings or errors displayed or in any log files that I've
checked.

If I login as root and do "init 5", I get the graphical login screen.
Trying to login as my normal user pops right back to that screen too.

I can login as other users.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

Jim