Re: [SLE] DSL problem
  • From: "Your Name" <jsabatke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 23:14:59 -0500
Shouldn't that be
> > setup automatically by the yast firewall config??
>
> Did you enable masquerading by checking YaST->Security and
> Users->Firewall->Forward Traffic and Do Masquerading? That should give
you a
> basic NAT/Masquerading setup. Can you ping the internet and each of the
> internal boxes from the server? This would verify that the connections
are
> good.
>
> Jeff

Yes! I did all that to start with. Actually, I had that working for
dialup with the modem on ppp0 and I switched it to eth1.

I also tried pinging back and forth from different boxes and the server.
I can ping net addresses and internal network boxes from my server, so
the connections are fine.

Thanks for the ideas. I tried to respond to your first post, but had
downloaded the mail to my server and then found out I can't send mail.
A problem for tomorrow! LOL

Thanks,

Jim