Re: [SLE] Is this a normal Firefox about:config setting?
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 07:10:46 -0800
Carl,

On Tuesday 01 March 2005 11:24, Carl E. Hartung wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I'm running Firefox 1.0.1-4.1 -- recently upgraded by apt from the
> following repository:
>
> ftp://mirrors.mathematik.uni-bielefeld.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/9.2
>-i386/RPMS.mozilla/
>
> I was poking around in preferences (via about:config) and was
> startled to find the following preference:
>
> Preference Name Status Type Value
> network.dns.ipv4OnlyDomains default string .doubleclick.net
>
> This appeared to be a default setting because the text style didn't
> change to bold until after I'd modified it (set to 'true' instead of
> ".doubleclick.net", so far with no problems).

I can tell you that my Mozilla 1.7.5, installed from a GTK2-enabled
tarball retrieved from the Mozilla.org site, also bears this
configuration setting.

I can also tell you that a Google search for the config name
"network.dns.ipv4OnlyDomains" restricted to site:mozilla.org returns no
hits.

> - Carl

Randall Schulz