Re: [SLE] Is this a normal Firefox about:config setting?
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 13:41:44 -0500
> I can tell you that my Mozilla 1.7.5, installed from a GTK2-enabled
> tarball retrieved from the Mozilla.org site, also bears this
> configuration setting.
>
> I can also tell you that a Google search for the config name
> "network.dns.ipv4OnlyDomains" restricted to site:mozilla.org returns
> no hits.

Thanks Randall - and - Felix,

Someone pointed me to the thread where the developers actually discussed
designing and implementing it, which was fun to read and informative,
so you're both right... it's nothing to worry about. I'm just not used
to associating "doubleclick.net" with Linux. It's a holdover visceral
reaction to spyware, I think...

regards,

Carl

Dover Foxcroft, Maine, USA Public Keys 68396713 & F8207216