Re: [SLE] DSL problem
  • From: "Your Name" <jsabatke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:36:56 -0500
> OK, well I think this is probably a routing problem then. It probably
has to
> do with the point Ian made about your IP addresses. If the DSL modem
insists
> on being 192.168.0.1 then you should change the subnet of your lan to
> something else like 192.168.1.0/24. Try this:
>
> DSL modem - 192.168.0.1
> inet facing NIC - 192.168.0.2
> LAN facing NIC - 192.168.1.1
> LAN Client - 192.168.1.2
>
> Make sure masquerading and IP forwarding are up. You'll need to
configure your
> routing table too, setting your default gateway to 192.168.0.2. I'm not
> really a routing expert but if you get stuck I can show you a
configuration
> that works for me.
>

> Jeff

OK, I tried all that and it works (and doesn't work) like before. My
server still gets to the net, other boxes don't.

I'm using the standard suse firewall setup, with eth0 as internal and
ppp0 as external. I'm using the same rules as with dialup (really no
changes at all there).

I did change the default gateway and it may be correct now, but doesn't
make the difference.

Thanks,

Jim