Re: [SLE] Accessing pureftpd using Firefox
  • From: Aaron Bridge <a.bridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 20:37:59 -0500
Aaron Bridge wrote:

Darryl Gregorash wrote:

Aaron Bridge wrote:

I have setup a server running pureftpd and all is fine when uploading and downloading using Internet Explorer. However, when I click on a file that should start to download using Firefox a window opens up and it looks like Realplayer is trying to start or something like that. I can't figure out what is going on. I don't even know if it is a Firefox issue of pureftpd. If anyone has run into this problem, how did you correct it?

Would these be .rpm files? .rpm is also a Real extension, "realplayer media" and is often installed either as a helper application or plugin.

Check about:plugins (menu bar, Help/About Plug-ins) to see if you have a plugin that takes a .rpm extension, and if not, look in Edit/Preferences/Navigator/Helper Applications. I think the file type is something like x/realmedia.

Yes it is an .rpm file I am talking about. Under plugins there isn't a reference to .rpm and realplayer. The only plugin for realplayer referes to .ram

This is looking more like a problem with Firefox running under Windows. Because when I use Novell Linux Desktop and Firefox it works as expected. I will research more to do with Firefox running under Windows.
Thank you for your help,

Aaron

< Previous Next >