Re: [SLE] An apology to the list
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 06:42:14 -0500
* Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx> [03-03-05 04:36]:
> In which case we don't have a democratic list?

That *is* correct. The list is a service provided by SuSE for the
discussion about SuSE Linux in English and subject to their whim.

> It is my belief that if a problem is identified in a mailing list then
> it should be discussed. The reason for this thread.

Did you read the "WELCOME to suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx" mail you received
when you subscribed?

<quote>
Q7. Why do my replies go to the original poster and not the list?
A7. There is a more complete answer in FAQ, but the short answer
is that it's better this way. Trust us on this one, please.
</quote>

and from the suse-linux-e-faq@xxxxxxxx

<quote>
Q2. Why do my replies go to the original poster and not the list?
A2. We do not "munge" the mail headers by inserting
a "Reply-To: suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx" because it makes it more
difficult subscribers to handle the mail the way they want to.
Your mail client probably has a "reply" function as well as a
"reply to all" or "reply to list" one; Please use the latter if
you want you message to go to the list and not just to the
original poster.

Also, please don't complain about this on the list, it has
been discussed many, many, many times in the past already.

For background information see

New! Even Sourceforge has turned to the dark side:
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=6693&group_id=1
</quote>

> I further believe that if enough members - the majority who are willing
> to stand up and actually say something (useful) - wish a change to be
> made then that change should be seriously investigated and perhaps put
> to a vote. Nothing should ever be set absolutely in stone things do
> evolve after all.

Again, is not negotiable.
HOG # US1244711 Photo Album: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery

< Previous Next >