Re: [SLE] An apology to the list
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 15:54:06 -0500
On Thursday 03 March 2005 3:41 pm, Theo v. Werkhoven wrote:

> > > Why, do you have that much time to waste as to harp on such a mundane
> > > issue? Why do you think anyone has to defend "this policy?" This is
> > > the way it is, it will not change, nor will you change it for this
> > > list, or any EZMLM driven mail list. You have two choices, we all
> > > have choices, either change email clients or find another list to
> > > your liking.
> >
> > You're entitled to your opinions, but once again this is a "because
> > that's the way it is" answer. You may find this thread annoying but so
> > far the majority thinks this is an issue that needs to be addressed.
>
> Speak for yourself
> I certainly do not belong to "majority", and I wonder what gives you
> the right to think you speak for any of us (tinu).
Let's not get into a flame war. The issue has been discussed on this list
for a long time, and on other listservs as long as I can remember. The way
the current list is set up is the default on most listserv software, and
this is the way this list has been operated for quite a while.
If the list admin wants to elicit a vote, maybe we can resolve the
controversy until someone brigs it up again next year.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group