Re: [SLE] An apology to the list
  • From: William Gallafent <william@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 15:11:32 +0000
On Friday 04 March 2005 14:41, Danny Sauer wrote:
> I'm part of the *actual* majority who either 1) thinks the
> policy is good or

Absolutely agree. Well, I've actually no idea whether it's a
majority or not, but I'm part of that group, anyway.

KMail:

R (= reply) -> list
Shift-A (= author) -> originator
A (= all) -> list, cc originator
L (= list) -> list

I'm sure it's equally easy to do these four things, which
are more or less the set of things you might want to do, in
any other decent client (e.g. PINE). We thus, with the
current settings, have the advantages of very little spam /
autoresponder loops etc., and can flexibly reply to the
list, to the originator, or to both, using the default mail
client on the platform to which the list is dedicated, or
any other list-aware client. So, as you say, it's not worth
discussing any further. I count myself among the people who
didn't bother to reply because there's nothing worth
discussing :)

D'oh. I just replied. Oh well.

--
Bill