Re: [SLE] Adaptec RAID
  • From: Louis Richards <louis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 14:31:38 -0500
On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 03:58, Anders Norrbring wrote:
> I have an Adaptec 2100S RAID controller coming to me, when I surfed the
> Adaptec site, I couldn't find the Storaga Manager utilities for SuSE Linux
> at all, and the driver for SuSE up to v7.0...
>
> Anyone with ideas on how to run this controller with SuSE 9.2?

I have a 2120S and SuSE 9.2 would not install, hanging at the loading
aacraid driver. I flashed the cards firmware to the latest version and
the install worked.

The Storage Manager software that came with the card would not detect
the card when installed and run. I uninstalled it and installed Adaptec
Storage Manager-Browser Edition v 1.23 for Linux from the Serial ATA
RAID 2810SA Downloads page.I then installed the command line utilities
that came with my card.

The following cron script checks the drives and emails errors to me.
NOTE: some lines have wrapped and would need to be edited.

#!/bin/bash
#
# raid.cron.script
#
#
# Shell script for checking for raid problems
# by Kent Ziebell 10-April-2001
#
# Modified by Louis Richards 1-March-2005
#
# Example cron entry:
#
# check the raid out hourly
#
#00 * * * * /usr/local/src/raid/raid.cron.script > /dev/null 2>&1
#
#
#
# ======> Preliminary setup work starts here
# Before placing this script into cron, be sure to "seed" the check so
that
# you have a permanent copy of what your raid config should look like
if
# all is well. Do that by issuing the following:
#
# cd /usr/local/src/raid (or where ever you want this stuff to live)
#
# now run the following command
#
# /usr/sbin/aaccli open aac0 : container list : disk list : task list >
/usr/local/src/raid/raid.production.config
#
# End of preliminary setup.
#
#
# Who's watching - whom to send the notification
#
# =====> Change the following line to whom should be notified
#
mailwatch=lrichards@xxxxxxxxxxxx
#
host=`hostname`
#
#
# CHECK 1
#
#
cd /usr/local/src/raid
rm raid.current.config
/usr/sbin/aaccli open aac0 : container list : disk list : task list >
/usr/local/src/raid/raid.current.config
curdiff=`/usr/bin/diff raid.current.config raid.production.config`
#
raiderr=`/bin/cat raid.current.config`
#
if [ "$curdiff" != "" ] ; then
# notify mailwatch team - raid 5 may be broken
/usr/sbin/sendmail -f devnull@$host -t << RedCatSun