suse 9.1 & rinetd
  • From: matice@xxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 16:47:52 +0200 (EET)
Greetings

Preliminary :)
I have a SuSE 9.1 system which for certain hardware reasons wont be upgraded to 9.1 so i will have to upgrade individual programs as i would have to do the same with SuSE 9.2 :)

suse 9.1 comes with rinetd version 0.61 and the latest version is 0.62 (contains security fixes)
now i just downloaded and compiled the newer version and its ok,
what baffles me is that when i look up the rinetd version of suse it says 0.61 syslog bind
my question is what is the extension to the version output ( syslog bind) are there things i need to take into consideration as i compile the 0.62 version and deploy it on my suse 9.1 system?

hoping to receive clear answers :)

regards
Matice