Re: [SLE] RedHat to Suse migration
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 21:28:56 +0000
On Saturday 05 March 2005 21:09, Scorpy wrote:
> No I dont`t know which function is used, but the string is shorter than in
> never versions.

I haven't installed red hat 7.3, but I looked at the passwd utility in it, and
it's linked against libcrypto.so.1, just like in suse. So the question is
have you actually tried it and seen it fail? Could you give an example of one
of these "shorter" hash strings from /etc/shadow (a temporary, unimportant
password naturally)