Maximum Swap Size
  • From: John Sowden <jsowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 18:17:58 -0800
Actually, I thought this was a great question that only one person came close
to answering. Is there a defined set of tradeoffs when expanding the swap
size, in relation to RAM, taking into consideration CPU speed and possibly
other variables that I am not aware of. If, instead of using the 2X rule for
sizing a swap partition, we went to a 4X or 6X size, would the paging
overhead not justify the expanded swap size, in terms of increasing
performance?

--
John Sowden
American Sentry Systems. Inc.

U.L. Listed Central Station Alarm Service
Serving the San Francisco Bay Area Since 1967

mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.americansentry.net

< Previous Next >