9.2 and touchpad
  • From: Adam Naumowicz <adamnaumowicz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 11:03:38 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

I recently upgraded my SuSE 9.0 into 9.2 and I can't
get rid of several irksome problems. First of all, the
touchpad in my Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo L behaves
strangely - the cursor moves in a wild unreliable
manner, clicking on the pad seems also rather
haphazard. Tweaking with the configurable mouse
options is of little help - it seems to improve the
behaviour a bit, but still it is far from how it
worked before the upgrade.

But even worse is the fact that when I now reboot from
linux to windows xp, the clicking on touchpad is
disabled - how can the system know that??? Isn't the
device fully reset when rebooting? If I poweroff, then
the touchpad works fine in windows. This didn't happen
with my previous SuSE 9.0, so what is wrong here?

All help appreciated,

Adam

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!