Re: [SLE] SuSe 9.1 and uuencode/decode
  • From: Natarajan Shankar <shankar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 10:42:28 -0800
Anders Johansson wrote:

On Monday 07 March 2005 19:56, Natarajan Shankar wrote:

The SuSe9.1 version that is loaded on my HP nx5000 laptop does not
contain support for uuencode/uudecode. Packaged applications that I am
trying to run are looking for this functionality. Where can I get this
uuencode/uudecode functionality from and is it easily introduced into my
system?

Install the package sharutils from the distribution media. That will give you /usr/bin/uuencode and /usr/bin/uudecode

Thanks. Appreciate the help. I don't see sharutils on my SuSE HP OEM linux 9.1 distribution CD (under /suse/i586 or other places). What are my alternatives? Am I safe in going to the gnu site and picking this up? thanks,
shankar
< Previous Next >