Re: [SLE] Make yast repository [Apache2]
  • From: Mike Dewhirst <miked@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 13:42:38 +1100
I saw this thread as answering my earlier Apache2 update question. I thought I could maybe get YaST to install the latest version and fix a different problem for me.

However, I'm having trouble with genIS_PLAINcache ...

I have downloaded direct from SuSE the following RPMs ...
apache2-2.0.53-4.1.i586.rpm
apache2-devel-2.0.53-4.1.i586.rpm
apache2-doc-2.0.53-4.1.i586.rpm
apache2-example-pages-2.0.53-4.1.i586.rpm
apache2-mod_auth_mysql-2.8.1-1.1.i586.rpm
apache2-mod_perl-2.0.0-1.1.i586.rpm
apache2-mod_python-3.1.3-37.4.i586.rpm
apache2-prefork-2.0.53-4.1.i586.rpm
apache2-worker-2.0.53-4.1.i586.rpm
libapr0-2.0.53-4.1.i586.rpm
neon-0.24.7-4.1.i586.rpm
neon-devel-0.24.7-4.1.i586.rpm
subversion-1.1.3-7.1.i586.rpm
subversion-devel-1.1.3-7.1.i586.rpm
subversion-doc-1.1.3-7.1.i586.rpm
subversion-perl-1.1.3-7.1.i586.rpm
subversion-python-1.1.3-7.1.i586.rpm
subversion-server-1.1.3-7.1.i586.rpm
subversion-tools-1.1.3-7.1.i586.rpm

They are in /root/samba_share/install_kits/suse_9.1_dvd/suse/new-i586

(feel free to constructively criticise my choice of download destination in a separate thread)

I followed the instructions listed at the link below (reproduced here) - except for what I believe is an error ...

cd /srv/www/htdocs/suse/RPMS/
genIS_PLAINcache -f -r .
gzip genIS_PLAINcache

<error? should be gzip IS_PLAINcache>
When I pointed YaST to that directory it barfed and went away with an error message too quick to read.

My question is - has anyone successfully done what I'm trying to here?

Thanks

Mike

At 04:11 am 9/03/2005, you wrote:
On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 03:38, Jorge Ferrando Monterde wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I wanna make a yast like repository with some custom rpms and some
> /projects rpms. What do I need to be able to add it to yast sources?
>
> Thanks!!

Have a look at this article in the sdb.
Generating YaST Installation Sources
http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2004/02/yast_instsrc.html