Re: [SLE] 9.2 and touchpad
  • From: Stan Glasoe <SRGlasoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 13:14:50 -0600
On Wednesday 09 March 2005 12:29 pm, Adam Naumowicz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, ksynaptics adds some more controls to the touchpad, so now I can make
> it behave better. but still I cannot understand why after a reboot from
> SuSE to Windows I loose the tapping in Windows - if I power off and then
> start Windows everything works fine. Does the driver modify the device
> somehow which is not reset during the reboot??? Or does it modify some
> hidden BIOS entry (there is nothing to be configured by a user though)? I
> used SuSE 9.0 before and it didn't happen. What can be wrong with 9.2?
>
> Adam

Glad you found ksynaptics after I told you to look in the wrong place.

Sounds like your problem is in relation to a warm reboot. Letting the system
do an init 6 type reboot or reset from the login menus. Try pressing the
reset button, if you have one, once SUSE shutsdown and before or during the
BIOS boot phase and then boot into Windows and see if the touchpad works. You
know a cold reboot (power off/on) clears the condition. What this tells us is
that something is not getting reset during a warm reboot. My opinion is that
the OS booting up should take care of these situations and usually that's
where your troubleshooting should focus.

Do you have the latest/greatest Windows drivers and the latest/greatest
firmware for the touchpad? Do you have the latest greatest BIOS for the
system? Double check all the BIOS settings related to the touchpad, mouse,
PCI, power or ACPI/APM, etc.

Stan