RE: [SLE] Problem with YOU
  • From: "Greg Wallace" <jgregw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 14:47:29 -0900
On Monday, March 07, 2005 @ 4:34 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

>> > I tried that site and that exact path (that's the only one I tired),
and
>> > that didn't work. I had used that server most of the time for my YOU
>> > processing. Maybe there's some additional software in place on the
regular

>> The actual path you would need to use is

>Are you sure? I looked at the path YOU in my 9.1 uses, and the
>"<arch>/updates/<version>/" is not there. YOU knows and expects to add
>that part.
>.
>. (snip)
>.
>--
>Cheers,
> Carlos Robinson

Carlos:

I looked at the paths on ftp.suse.com and it looks like the only
difference between the regular update folder and the discontinued folder is
the addition of that "discontinued" folder in the path. I. e., --

ftp.suse.com/pub/SuSE/i386/update

looks just like

ftp.suse.com/pub/SuSE/discontinued/i386/update

with the exception that after update, there is no longer an 8.1 node on the
non-discontinued path and it shows up in the discontinued path. So, under
YOU under "choice of installation source", I tried chose "expert" and tried
--

*) For type of URL: -- FTP
*) For Directory path, each of the following --

None worked, so that makes me think that maybe you just can't use YOU on the
discontinued releases(?).

Greg Wallace