Re: unsubscription
  • From: Philipp Thomas <philipp.thomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 04:59:55 +0100
[I know I'll regret that I swallowed the bait]

Brad Bourn <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [Wed, 9 Mar 2005 12:01:15 -0700]:

>When I ask a quick, simple question, I don't want to see my post again,
>just the answer (top post please).

You not, but others might. And for the most benefit, cut down the quotes
to the minimum that's needed to give enough context.

And in normal speech, you answer before being asked the question? Would
make for an interesting conversation.

>And, if the answer takes so long I forget what I asked, I have the full
>quote below to reference.

Yeah, and if everybody does so, you get the whole thread in each message
and without any clue as to which statements of the previous mails the
reply for.

>I can find just as many documents written to support both methods.

I don't believe that.

>Hell, if I need help, I don't care what style someone wants to help
>me, I'll take it.

You will maybe do that, but I mostly simply ignore threads if it gets
too hard to read. If others don't take the time to edit their messages,
I don't take the time to read it. It's that simple.

>top-posters can also have reasons.

It's common netiquette that counts. But seems it's not that common
anymore. I know of some people that simply left suse-linux-e because the
style got so worse.

Philipp

< Previous Next >