Re: [SLE] Re: unsubscription
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 04:32:39 -0500
On Wednesday 09 March 2005 11:10 pm, Ken Schneider wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 22:59, Philipp Thomas wrote:
> > [I know I'll regret that I swallowed the bait]
<snip>

> > It's common netiquette that counts. But seems it's not that common
> > anymore. I know of some people that simply left suse-linux-e because
> > the style got so worse.
> >
> > Philipp
>
> It is all about netiquette and courtesy neither of which I believe Brad
> has at he has not shown it on this list.
<more snippage>
As I have often been reminded, occassionally even politely,<smile>,
many,perhaps most on this list are people whose native language is not
English, nor even American version of English.

It gets really difficult to follow some of the arguments, or even attempts
to be helpful, if one posts the answer, before the question.

Trimming the messages to reflect only the parts to which you are replying
is also polite. Some people have to pay for this information by the
Kilobyte! From My Cell ( moblie) phone usage, I can tell you , it gets
pretty pricey, very damned quickly! So resending all of a message that has
already been sent to the list once is a waste of time , bandwidth and in
many cases cash.

One is often forgiven for typos ( thank you , to all who forgive me ! :) )
And even for poor spelling etc. if the answer is correct and was ,
obviously sent in a hurry to someone in seeming great distress over a
problem.

OTOH, ( On The Other Hand ) If one is simply continuing a "religious"
discussion, or an insult session, is it possible, for the edification of
all, to at least format the message to do the least damage to my bills???

Just asking, understand, I make no demands...

I wish you happiness
;)
I'm putting on the B-mer Brothers
Would you mind putting on this grass skirt?
You see, it's Aloha Friday (almost) and I've got me this shirt. song lyric

< Previous Next >