Re: [SLE] Tape drive isn´t recognized!
  • From: Catimimi <catimimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:54:21 +0100
Joni Hoppen a écrit :

Ok,

My Tape drive is a Sony SDT-9000

If I go to /proc/scsi/scsi appears
Attached devices: none
if
mt -f /dev/st0 status
appears
mt: /dev/st0: No such device

my version is
SuSE Linux 9.0 (i586)
Kernel 2.4.21-273-smp4G / i686

Hello,

There could be a lot of reasons for that. So I've a few questions :
- do you have other peripherals on your scsi controller? I'll suppose that the reply
is no since you've nothing in /proc/scsi/scsi.
- is SCSI tape support compiled as module in your kernel ?
- is the scsi driver for your controller loaded at boot ?
- if so is module st loaded?
- if not did you try : modprobe st ?

and last but not least : are your SCSI terminators OK ?

- What is the type of your SCSI controller ?

After reply, I'll try to help you, I've a DDS2 SCSI tape working.

Michel.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sheridan West" <sjwest01@xxxxxxxxxxx>