Re: [SLE] Tape drive isn´t recognized!
  • From: Catimimi <catimimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:47:23 +0100
Joni Hoppen a écrit :

Hi
My scsi controle is HP Raid but now a changed for another one pci who i was using in another computer with the same tape drive

I am using the module LSI / Symbios Logic 53c810

is SCSI tape support compiled as module in your kernel ?
yes
- is the scsi driver for your controller loaded at boot ?
yes

the result of modprob /dev/st0 is
modprobe: Can't locate module /dev/st0

how can i do to know if the module is loaded?

Hi,

No, don't type :
# modprobe /dev/st0

but :

modprobe st

"st" is the name of the module for scsi tapes.

If you are replied " Can't locate module st" i'll mean that this module is not compiled.

Try and tell me.

Michel.

PS : I just remember that "cat /proc/scsi/scsi" lists the generic scsi devices.
Do you've support for generic scsi devices in your kernet ? and is module "sg" loaded at boot ?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Catimimi" <catimimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>