Re: [SLE] Still cannot update beyond original KDE3.3--Exhausted and Depressed
  • From: Andy Yankovich <andyyank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 10:22:45 -0500
On Sunday 13 March 2005 09:30, Joe Morris (NTM) wrote:
> You would have updated kde from 3.3.0 to 3.3.2, which shows
> 3.3.2 Level "a" in the Control Center. You did that by adding the
> path to the supplementary kde directory in Installation Source Yast
> module, then choosing the System Update module.

I truly thank you, Joe. But exactly HOW do I "add the Path to the
supplementary kde directory in installation source"?

Do I do this thru a terminal or thru YaSt2? Is there an exact command
I must write in somewhere? I do not understand what you're telling
me to do.

Part 2 of my frustration: I read everything I could find on how to
"mount" my DVD-CD Rom and my RW-CD. I *think* I figured out allbut
the last part - what to type in for the file destination. I read that
'mounting' is to "mount something to somewhere". I have no idea to
where I am "mounting" my two devices.

Could you also please tell me who to finish (and maybe also start) th
mount process. Like perhaps give the the exact command and where to
type the command. I've been (trying to) using Linux for three weeks
but if I can never get my CD reader and CD-RW drives working, i have
to go back to that other OS.

Thanks a bunch for helping.

God Bless brother,
Andy