Re: [SLE] Mail with Spamassassin
  • From: Anthony Edwards <anthony.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:10:38 +0000
On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 09:16:20AM -0600, Jim Flanagan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can someone point me to a guide for how to set up postfix using
> spamassassin? I have postfix running (default suse) but never got around
> to setting up spamassassin. Do I need to use procmail with this setup? So
> far I have postfix running, accessing it with kmail and squirrelmail thru
> uw-imap. I'm running suse 8.2 with KDE 3.2.3

I use SpamAssassin, as follows:

anthony@catfish:~> cat .forward
| /usr/local/bin/maildrop

anthony@catfish:~> cat .mailfilter
DEFAULT="Mail/inbox"

logfile ".maildroplog"

`reformail -D 8192 .duplicate.cache`
if ( $RETURNCODE == 0 )
exit

if ($SIZE < 100000)
xfilter "spamc"

if (/^X-Spam-Flag: YES/)
to Mail/junk

[...]

Maildrop is not provided as part of recent SuSE versions, however:

http://www.courier-mta.org/maildrop/

Download, then the usual ./configure, make, su to root then run
checkinstall which will create an RPM which can then be installed in
the usual way (rpm -i).

Maildrop's configuration syntax is simple and straightforward.

RPMs for SpamAssassin 3.0.2 (the latest version) are available from:

http://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/choeger/spamassassin/i386/

I haven't used these (I installed SpamAssassin using CPAN) but
presume that they work. Once installed, configure spamd (daemonised
SpamAssassin) to start at boot time in runlevels 3 & 5 using the YaST
Runlevel Editor if you want to run SpamAssassin by calling spamc in
the .mailfilter configuration example shown above.

--
Anthony Edwards
anthony.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx