Re: [SLE] Network File Systems
  • From: Leendert Meyer <leen.meyer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:28:19 +0100
On Wednesday 16 March 2005 16:51, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> Leen,
>
> On Wednesday 16 March 2005 07:41, Leendert Meyer wrote:
> > On Wednesday 16 March 2005 15:59, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> > > Peter,

> > > You can (probably) use a traffic shaping tool to throttle rsync
> > > traffic.
> >
> > That reminds me vaguely of something.
> >
> > man rsync: yes indeed:
> >
> > --bwlimit=KBPS limit I/O bandwidth, KBytes per second
>
> Dammit! I looked in the rsyncd.conf manual page for something like this
> before replying, but I didn't think of looking in the rsync manual page
> itself.

Well, if it weren't there, I wouldn't be surprised. I would just wonder where
I got that vague impression from... ;)

> Of course, this requires system administrators to rely on their users to
> limit their bandwidth consumption, which probably isn't the ideal
> solution to Peter's problem.

I know, I realized that, but I just wanted to point out the possibility. Of
course if users are in question, throttling via wondershaper or something
similar would be better.

OTOH, there is a --config=FILE option... But I suppose every option in there
would be overridden by their commandline equivalent.

Cheers,

Leen

< Previous Next >