Re: [SLE] updating software via YaST
  • From: Mike Dewhirst <miked@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:34:13 +1100
Brad Bourn wrote:
If I'm understanding you correctly, there are 2 issues.

Getting new apache and subversion that 9.1 doesn't have.

Only one. Just getting subversion up to 1.1.3 and apache to 2.0.53

Letting YOU do the update.

I just wanted you to know I have tried a couple of ways to do it. I don't really care about YOU or YaST because they don't seem to do the job. If they worked for me I'd be moving on already.

Were you able to get the newer versions installed and working without YOU?
(configure, make, make install, etc.) and then having trouble making the new rpm's?

No. I wouldn't know where to start with configure, make, etc. I went down the rpm road after seeing Graham Smith's post. It seemed like it would contribute to getting YaST to ork for me.

I myself have never played with making rpm's, let alone update rpm's that YOU would recognize.

Now you tell me ...

If these are the case I would get it working first,

That is what I'd love to do. Where do I start?

so you can move on, and then see if 9.3 doesn't have the same versions that you wanted to goto anyway.

I'm sure 9.3 will be up to date with everything. I'm an optimist :)

Thanks Brad

Mike

B-)