Re: [SLE] Acrobat 7 freezes on Firefox
  • From: Jim Sabatke <jsabatke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:03:41 -0600
Fred wrote:

Le Mardi 15 Mars 2005 23:25, Jim Sabatke a écrit :

Freshmeat reported that Acrobat 7 was available today, so I downloaded and installed it on my 9.0 system. It seems to work great as a standalone, but freezes Firefox when I try to open a PDF file.

On Suse 9.2 do the following :

close Firefox
open Konsole

su - root
cd /opt/MozillaFirefox/lib/plugins
ln -sf /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so nppdf.so

start firefox : http://www.tldp.org/LDP/intro-linux/intro-linux.pdf

and you're done.

One thing more. After firefox freezes and I use "alt ctrl esc" to kill it, the next time I run firefox I get the following messages:

jim@ripley:~> firefox
GConf Error: Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0
GConf Error: Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

until I logout and login my user again.

Jim