Re: [SLE] e2fsck on a ext3 fs?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:22:37 +0100 (CET)

The Friday 2005-03-18 at 01:18 -0600, Darryl Gregorash wrote:

> The external journal seems to have to reside on a logical device (ie it cannot
> be a file somewhere), but if you want to try this out, I would recommend not
> putting the journal on a ramdisk :-)

Some years ago I saw memory devices that emulated a floppy in internal ram
memory, using a battery or longer term memories. They were used in
embedded PCs running msdos. Similar devices could come handy nowdays to
speed up significantly journaled filesystems, I think.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson

< Previous Next >