Re: [SLE] Video mode problem, can't get into Yast
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 12:48:40 -0600
Paul W. Abrahams wrote:
As I mentioned in my post on a different subject, I'm trying to get SuSE 9.1 going on my new Dell Inspiron 1000 laptop. Now the problem I have is that when I boot up Linux and get to the point of starting X, the screen fills with vertical lines.
Just enter 3 on the grub boot command line, and boot into a non graphical runlevel 3, then login as root and run sax2.
So how can I get into Yast to fix this?
You could also use the ncurses version of Yast from runlevel 3, but to do this it will call sax2, so do that straightway.
--
Joe Morris
New Tribes Mission