Re: [SLE] Video mode problem, can't get into Yast (Dell laptop)
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 13:51:36 -0600
Paul W. Abrahams wrote:
I can now get a legible screen. The problem with it is that it has a visual effect that I can best describe as a darker horizontal region that moves down the screen several times a second. I've been trying to find a monitor setting that eliminate that effect, with no success. The one that logically should do it -- Dell laptop @1024 -- does not do it. I've also tried the LCD monitor settings, and they are no better.
I recently installed 9.2 on an IBM Thinkpad, and the fonts were ugly (and other things). It fixed all the issues I had with that one by changing the monitor to a vesa screen. You might try that.
--
Joe Morris
New Tribes Mission

< Previous Next >