pkg-config wont config
  • From: byroncoughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 09:05:45 +0000
Due to the fact that you did a make make install you installed from source and not from rpm. This means that pkg-config was installed in /usr/local instead of /usr as with the default when you do a rpm. This is of course you did not pass a new directory when you did ./configure. So pkg-config would be in the /usr/local/bin directory with the pkgconfig located in /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig directory. Pardon me if I am not 100% on my naming or directory but I am not on my linux box. Anyway your system is going to look in /usr/bin first then in /usr/local/bin if you have it set up in your .bashrc file. The main point I want to give here is that if you use rpm then your pkgconfig files will be located in /usr/lib/pkgconfig and if you compile from source with ./configure then your files will be located in /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig. Also just a side note it is good to run ldconfig whenever you install something from source but this becomes another topic all together.