Keeping 2 desktops in sync
  • From: Chris Cameron <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:32:15 -0700
Seems like a really basic question, that I'm sure many people have
faced, but I'm hoping someone our there has come up with a more elegant
solution than what I'm envisioning.

My primary computer is my work computer, I use KDE and all the KDE
related applications. I'm -finally- looking to set a computer up at
home, and have started to look at ways to keep things like my contacts
and bookmarks in sync.

What I've found was kfs, which seems to me like a pretty looking rsync.
It's also dependant on the fact that I either remember to sync before I
leave, or that I'm always working at the same computer at given times.
There's also a question of whether apps can be running when files are
being synced. None of this is appealing.

Anyone know of any better way to do this? Being a bit of a
neat/perfection freak, I can't stand the idea of having to maintain two
sets of everything.

Should also mention files (like OOo docs) I'm not worried about keeping
in sync.

Thanks,
Chris