Re: [SLE] Video mode problem, can't get into Yast (Dell laptop)
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:22:46 -0600

Paul W. Abrahams wrote:

At the moment I can't even run Sax2 because I'm back in the state where the screen fills with vertical lines. But I haven't tried sax2 -l yet, and that might help a little.

Boot to runlevel 3, log in as root, and run sax2 (no parameters) from the console. The screen will come up in a "suggested" video mode, which should be a standard SVGA mode.

using X-configure and adding two stanzas to the Monitor section of XF86Config:

HorizSync 31.5-48.5
VertRefresh 40-70

I don't know how to get that effect out of Yast or Sax2, however.

This is from memory: sax2 will come up with an expandable tree on the left. The top selection is monitor/video card configuration. Expand that tree. The frequency ranges can be entered in one of the tabs in the monitor configuration selection, which I believe is the first selection.

< Previous Next >