Re: [SLE] anonymous login - vsftp
  • From: Mark McKibben <manzabar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:12:51 -0600
On Tuesday 22 March 2005 12:18 am, Taavi Dovnar wrote:
> I want to disable anonymous ftp login in my server (Suse 9.1). I added
> line "anonymous_enable = no" to vsftp-conf but in server log file it says:
>
> bad service attribute: anonymous_enable [file=/etc/xinetd.d/vsftpd]
> [line=11]
>

> What's wrong?

1. For future reference, a good resource for setting up vsftpd is
http://www.vsftpdrocks.org/
2. The master vsftp configuration should be located at /etc/vsftpd.conf
3. /etc/xinetd.d/vsftpd is the script for starting/stopping vsftpd NOT the
configuration file; so undo any changes you made to /etc/xinetd.d/vsftpd.
4. To disable anonymous logins, go into /etc/vsftpd.conf and set
anonymous_enable=NO.

--
Mark McKibben
http://coffeebear.net/

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
 - Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)