Re: [SLE] SUSE future
  • From: Allen <gorebofh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 21:45:23 -0500
On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 08:25:22PM +0100, Richard Bos wrote:
> Op dinsdag 22 maart 2005 07:31, schreef Allen:
> > This would be awesome, because I really don't like APT. I like Swaret but
> > only for updates, apt-get I don't like all that well (The packages are
> > either old as crap or they dont' have the ones I want, Free BSD's method
> > however works wonders).
>
> Do you refer to suse's apt, or apt in general. In case of suse it looks like
> you have not checked the packages good enought as the packages in apt
> repository for suse are just linked to the packages provided by suse. If
> they are crap in the apt repository, they are in YOU as well....

I don't like Apt at all. I like pkg_add from Free BSD which is a great way
of getting new packages.

It seems some of what I was saying was mis read:

OK, Free BSD:

#pkg_add -r naim

I press enter, it downloads naim and installs it.

I'd like to have this on SUSE. That's all. It would be a great way to add
packages that SUSE doesn't have on the DVDs. Then you could just upgrade
those packages you add manually as to not make it a pain in the ass on
SUSE.