Re: [SLE] ntop
  • From: Andre Truter <andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 06:44:49 +0200
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:34:52 -0800, Scott Leighton <helphand@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I have the same problem with ntop.
> > I did as you suggested above, but it still fails with the segfault
> > when it tries to run passcheck.
> >
> > Has anybody managed to get ntop to start with the rc script?
>
> Works fine here. Check your /etc/sysconfig/ntop file, make
> sure you have the wwwuser set as the NTOP_USER

Yes, I checked and double-checked. the NTOP_USER is set to wwwuser.

It works fine on a 9.0 box, but not on 9.2.

I tried it on two different 9.2 boxes and both give me the same problem.

--
Andre Truter | Software Engineer | Registered Linux user #185282
ICQ #40935899 | AIM: trusoftzaf | http://www.trusoft.za.org