Re: [SLE] SUSE future
  • From: Allen <gorebofh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 06:07:55 -0500

> > > Then *why* provide an example of a perceived failure of apt to do what
> > > you desire when the example merely shows that you have not provided
> > > the sources for the desired package(s)? You are inferring by example
> > > that apt will not or can not do what you require.
> >
> > Probably a mistake on my part. I haven't eaten or slept in two days.
> >

> > -
> >
> > > Patrick Shanahan Registered Linux User #207535
> > > http://wahoo.no-ip.org @ http://counter.li.org
> > > HOG # US1244711 Photo Album: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery
> > >
> > > --
>

> I cant see why we would want to include something like that in Suse an
> RedHat-ism if ever there was no thanks ..

> Pete .

How exactly is a Free BSD app in any way shape or form a "RedHat ism" ?
Free BSD was around for almost 20 years before RedHat was. And it's in
Slackware which SUSE was started as.

and apt-get is Debian....
> --
> If Bill Gates had gotten LAID at High School do YOU think there would be a
> Microsoft ? Of course NOT !

> You gotta spend a lot of time at your school Locker stuffing underware up
> your ass to think , I am going to take on the worlds Computer Industry
>
> -------:heard on Cyber Radio.:-------

Not even going to go through the number of times I've gotten yelled at for
having a sig half the characters of this one. But then again... Ah the hell
with it.