Re: [SLE] SMTP Auth howto for 8.2 Professional.
  • From: Sandy Drobic <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 17:39:21 +0100
Preston Kutzner wrote:

List,

I'm trying to set up smtp auth in our network. I've got our mail relay
working with it, but I can't seem to get it working under 8.2. I know
SuSE does some funny things with their config files due to Yast, so I'm
wondering what I'm missing. I have it pretty much set up as the relay
(at least all the main config files for postfix and sasl), and it's set
to use the saslauthd mechanism through pam. However, smtpd won't
authenticate, it fails every time. What am I missing as far as the SuSE
way of things goes? Thanks in advance.

What does the log say when you try to authenticate?
Is saslauthd actually up and running?

Sandy