Re: [SLE] SMTP Auth howto for 8.2 Professional.
  • From: Sandy Drobic <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 19:56:21 +0100
Preston Kutzner wrote:

So, are you trying to verify using a sasldb file or /etc/passwd|shadow?
If the latter try to set

/usr/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf:
pwcheck_method: saslauthd
mech_list: shadow plain login

Same error as before, and yes I am trying to verify using pam, which
should be using /etc/passwd|shadow. I tried adding in shadow to the
mech_list, but no-go, same error as before. This is quite frustrating,
as it's working on another, non-suse machine.

I'm also starting to run out of ideas. Did you check to see if you have any unfulfilled dependencies?
It might also be useful to test if saslauthd is actually used by postfix.
What happens if you stop saslauthd?

Last question remaining is: do you really need the ancient version of suse?

Sandy