Re: [SLE] Adaptec 2120 problems
  • From: Louis Richards <louis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 15:46:47 -0500
On Friday 25 March 2005 02:54 pm, Anders Norrbring wrote:
> Hmm.. Perhaps that could be a thing. The controller is hooked up to a
> Compaq Proliant Rack with Compaq original disks, and they usually terminate
> correctly. In any case there are no options to do it in any other way.
> Perhaps I should try to play around with the termination options on the
> controller in its setup.
>
> Any more ideas, anyone?
>
> Anders.

I am using one of these cards in a SuperMicro case. I used a terminated cable
to connect the backplane and flashed the firmware to the latest version. It
has 5 Ultra 320 196G Cheetahs connected to it that have been working well for
just over a month now. I believe termination may be the cause of your
problems. The card appears to be working well for me (so far) and I wish you
luck with yours.

I could not get the Storage Manager software to work. I loaded the browser
edition listed for the Adaptec Serial ATA RAID 2810SA. I could then use the
command line software that came with the card. The following script compares
the output from the command to a known good output and emails me in case of
trouble (some lines may have wrapped).

#!/bin/bash
# =====> Change the following line to whom should be notified
#
mailwatch=louis@xxxxxxxxx
#
host=`hostname`
#
cd /usr/local/src/raid
rm raid.current.config
/usr/sbin/aaccli open aac0 : container list : disk list : task list
> /usr/local/src/raid/raid.current.config
curdiff=`/usr/bin/diff raid.current.config raid.production.config`
#
raiderr=`/bin/cat raid.current.config`
#
if [ "$curdiff" != "" ] ; then
# notify mailwatch team - raid 5 may be broken
/usr/sbin/sendmail -f devnull@$host -t << RedCatSun
To: $mailwatch
From: root@$host
Subject: Raid 5 may be broken on $host