RE: [SLE] Adaptec 2120 problems
  • From: "Anders Norrbring" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 10:31:19 +0100
> On Friday 25 March 2005 02:54 pm, Anders Norrbring wrote:
> > Hmm.. Perhaps that could be a thing. The controller is hooked up to a
> > Compaq Proliant Rack with Compaq original disks, and they usually
> terminate
> > correctly. In any case there are no options to do it in any other way.
> > Perhaps I should try to play around with the termination options on the
> > controller in its setup.
> >
> > Any more ideas, anyone?
> >
> > Anders.
>
> I am using one of these cards in a SuperMicro case. I used a terminated
> cable
> to connect the backplane and flashed the firmware to the latest version.
> It
> has 5 Ultra 320 196G Cheetahs connected to it that have been working well
> for
> just over a month now. I believe termination may be the cause of your
> problems. The card appears to be working well for me (so far) and I wish
> you
> luck with yours.

I don't know.. Termination seems to be "odd" in this case since it's an old
Compaq Proliant rack case with original hard disks in it. They're not known
to be problematic. Even if they're old and slow.. :)

Also, when I go to the controller's disk utility to verify media and
low-level format the drives they're reported as 8.4GB, which is correct.
But when I go to "Create Array", they're shown as 4GB disks. I'm really
confused. The other drives in the rack are 18.2GB drives and they're
reported correctly all the way.

Anders.