Re: [SLE] Realplayer 10 - decent information source Fixed
  • From: Sheridan West <sjwest01@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 20:43:07 +0000 (GMT)
--- Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Go to Control Center/Sound&Multimedia/Sound system.
> There is setting
> "Autosyspend if idle..", set this to 1-2 seconds and
> try again.
> Sunny

OK thanks for all of your tips this link
http://dump.zinkweb.co.uk/OtherTips gets root sound
and vision

sorted the issue for root - you have to edit
/usr/lib/realplay
and change $REALPLAYERBIN "$@" to
artsdsp $REALPLAYERBIN "$@"

Then sound came out of realplayer as well as video but
only for root user.

OK its now a specific permision problem on /dev/dsp
/dev/mixer and realplay.

User is a member of audio can anybody with a non root
and realplayer 10 working show me their permissions
for /dev/dsp<something>

What a piece of junk this realplayer 10 is.

  • No further messages