Re: [SLE] SMTP Auth howto for 8.2 Professional.
  • From: Sandy Drobic <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 12:11:59 +0200
Preston Kutzner wrote:

I'm also starting to run out of ideas. Did you check to see if you have
any unfulfilled dependencies?
It might also be useful to test if saslauthd is actually used by postfix.
What happens if you stop saslauthd?

Last question remaining is: do you really need the ancient version of suse?

Sandy

This is the case for my 9.2 installation too... I figured it might be
due to the age of the version, so I've been concurrently trying to set
up the same thing on 9.2, with the same results.

Since it works for me with 9.2 there must be something we systematically don't notice.
You might try the old pwcheck method, it might work for you and it will circumvent saslauthd.

/usr/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf
pwcheck_method: pwcheck
mech_list: shadow plain login

Otherwise I have to confess I am out of ideas. Though I would try to set up a new user and test the system with that account.

Sandy