MySQL Table Locked?
  • From: Andy Choens <andy.choens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 01:32:49 -0500
Just joined the list because of this really bizarre problem. I'm using 9.2 on
a laptop. I'll describe the basic structure of my database, and what's going
on. If I leave out any important details, tell me, and I'll do my best to
fill them in.

I am using the default mysql rpm that came with 9.2 + any updates that YAST
told me to do. The only thing not stock on this machine is the upgraded KDE
(3.4) that I'm using, but I don't think that has anything to do with this. I
don have a couple of other programs installed, like tora, but I don't think
they are the problem either.

I have a database called tlp. Within TLP I have a number of actual tables. I
can edit, update, delete, etc. all of the tables but one. For instance, if I
go into the table "participants" via konqueror, and edit a row, everything
works just fine. In fact, I do this several times a week as I update the
information on my participants. But, enrollement is pretty stable. Now I
need to update the information in one row in this table, and I can't. Tora
gets errors, mysqlcc gets errors, konqueror, and OpenOffice.org all get
errors. But, they don't get ANY errors on any other table in the database.
The others work just like they should. This table used to work like it
should. I can't figure out what I've done, or how to undo it.

I have the mysql-administrator installed, and don't see anything to change
with it, and I looked through the documentation with mysql, and tried to
unlock my tables, thinking some program had thrown a lock on it, but no dice.
I still can't update my table.

If you have any ideas, suggestions, of kludges to get me up and running, I'd
appreciate it!
--
Alex Lowe's 3 Rules for Climbing:
1 - Come Back Alive!