Re: [SLE] Online update woes on Suse 9.2
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 02:46:09 -0500
On Tuesday 29 March 2005 08:52 pm, James D. Parra wrote:
<snip>
> Although the kernel was updated during the install process, I can't get the
> kernel source to update nor can I find it. Also there are package and
> dependency discrepancies with samba, kernel and mailman.

James,

YOU kernel updates include an explicit warning to *skip* updating the kernel
during installations, when YOU automatically runs the first time. You can
misinterpret and ignore the warning, but you can't proceed with the
installation without clicking "Skip" or "Install Patch." I suspect this
could be a contributing factor to your difficulties.

- Carl

Dover Foxcroft, Maine, USA Public Keys 68396713 & F8207216
----->>>>>http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/supportlinuxbios.html <<<<<-----