Configuring Spamassassin and amavisd-new
  • From: "Richard Mixon (qwest)" <rnmixon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:00:58 -0700
I have SLES 9 running our email using the default postfix LDAP setup and
have amavis, clamd and Spamassassin configured (using the Yast Defaults
mostly). Also we are using Cyrus as our POP/IMAP agent.

All seems to be well - as the admin I receive email notifications when
SPAM or VIRUS emails are detected.

What I would like to do now is start getting Spam Assassin to take a
more active role. I have read the README in
/usr/share/doc/packages/perl-spamassassin. It directed me to look for a
~/.spamassassin directory - but none of our users have this directory
setup by default. Should I just create it?

I would like to either:
1) Have Spamassassin put a score in the email headers that the users
email agent can use for filtering.
or
2) Have Spamassassin not deliver the high scoring emails.

Is this possible? Can it be configured through Yast? There appears to be
ample Spamassassin instructions, but much of it talks about procmail and
client side filtering on Linux. As we are using Cyrus IMAP/POP I do not
believe we are using procmail. Most of our users are POP users running
Windows and Outlook.

thank you - Richard

Note: In case one did not notice, as the volume is low on suse-sles-e I
am also posting to suse-linux-e - I hope this is OK.

< Previous Next >